Friday, July 3, 2009

Greetings!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Greetings! My name is Barbara Ross and I am the Missioner for Lifelong Christian Formation in the Episcopal Diocese of Oregon. I also am a deputy to General Convention and it is in that capacity that I have accepted the invitation to be a part of the Oregon General Convention 2009 blogging team. I will be joined occasionally by my fellow deputies, The Rev. Sara Fischer and The Rev. Wes Sedlacek, and by Catherine Healy, our former Missioner for Youth, Young Adults, and Higher Education. Catherine and Michelle Harvey, both members of Ss. Peter & Paul of Portland, are attending General Convention as part of the Episcopal Peace Fellowship Young Adult presence. Catherine and Michelle, who some of you may remember as one of the panelists at the recent Baptismal Ministry Conference with Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, are two of the eight young adults selected nationwide for this experience which is quite an honor for the Diocese of Oregon. The five of us are among the more than 40 people from the Diocese of Oregon who will be attending General Convention in various capacities. I’ll try to highlight the work of all in the days ahead.

This will be my first attempt at blogging, but my third General Convention. My hope is that I can share with you what it’s like to be a part of such an extraordinary tradition. Today, however, I am busy doing laundry and packing as I fly out to Anaheim tomorrow. If all goes well, you will hear from me again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment